We’re Committed to Making a Difference: AAN Research Program Applications Now Open!
The AAN is committed to making a profound difference in the lives of researchers, which in turn will make a difference in the lives of patients with brain disease. To demonstrate our dedication to promoting neurology and neuroscience research and training, the AAN has launched an ambitious new Research Program for 2017, offering 20 award opportunities. Applications are now open—consider applying again or pass along to anyone you know who might be interested.
Prestigious New Large-scale Awards Cover Basic, Translational Research
- $450,000 Career Development Award
Three-year award provides $150,000 per year for total of $450,000. Eligible applicants will have completed residency within 5 to 10 years of the July 1, 2017, award start date. Application deadline: October 1, 2016. Apply now!
- $130,000 Neurology Research Training Scholar
This premier two-year award provides $65,000 over two years for a total of $130,000. The award is designed for basic and translational research proposals in neurology. Eligible applicants will have completed residency no more than five years prior to the July 1, 2017, award start date. Application deadline: October 1, 2016. Apply now!
Additional Funding Opportunities with October 1, 2016, Application Deadline (or otherwise noted)
- Clinical Research Training Scholarship (non-disease specific)
- Practice Research Training Scholarship (non-disease specific)
- Clinician-Scientist Development Three-Year Award in ALS Research
- Clinical Research Training Fellowship in ALS Research
- Robert Katzman Research Training Fellowship in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Research
- Research Training Fellowship in Ataxia
- Susan S. Spencer Clinical Research Training Fellowship (Epilepsy)
- Clinical Research Training Fellowship in Epilepsy
- Clinician-Scientist Development Award in Multiple Sclerosis (application deadline August 10, 2016)
- NEW! Clinical Research Training Fellowship in Muscular Dystrophy
- Clinical Research Training Fellowships in Parkinson’s Disease
- Lawrence M. Brass, MD, Stroke Research Award (application deadline July 27, 2016)
- Clinical Research Training Fellowship in Tourette Syndrome·
Learn more and apply today!